Our Ticker...

Our Love is BULLETPROOF!! Love & War

Our Love is BULLETPROOF!! Love & War
Took this pic last night (8/2/10) while watching tv. Mine means "LOVE" in Tibetan and his is a black ink tribute to his tour in Iraq in 2003 for Operation Iraqi Freedom. Love & WAR

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Just rambling...

So yesterday was my first day as an official "Blogger"...I tested the waters by just posting a few videos that I made for my baby to get the hang of this BLOGGING thing. I have to admit I really LIKE it alot. I can tell this is going to be very "healthy" and fun for me. I love to write and I do love to share my life because I am very very happy (after a very long time of being miserable and in the "WRONG" relationship *7 years worth* with the WRONG person)...so why not share my happiness with others right? It is only fair...

That being said, being an Army Girlfriend has it's "ups & downs" believe me. I have a 2 week training coming very soon (September) and it will be the 1st time that my sexy SGT. and I will be separated after moving in together in June of this year. We had so so much time apart while we were getting to know each other and while he was @ Fort Hood (I lived in Portland, Oregon) that we were so looking forward to our 1 year of being together before he deploys again. However, I have learned that in the "Year of Bliss" that he promised me where I get to sleep next to him and cuddle and make him dinner and weekend breakfasts there will be a 2 week training (YTC) and a 1 month training (NTC in California) where I will once again be without my soldier. *boo* on trainings! I completely understand they are a necessary part of the "job" but I also know it is gonna SUCK ASS sleeping by myself again and having to go back to cel texts, sending daily pics and whatnot while he is away...but I admit that it is better than *POOF* he is GONE to Afghanistan...ya know?

So, I am just venting...life is gonna get crazy here in a couple of weeks, he will be off to Yakima and I will once again be sleeping in a big bed cuddled with "Wolfie" (a stuffed wolf he got me for Valentines Day this year that I sleep with when he is not with me). So ya me and Wolfie will be cuddling...but 2 weeks is much better than the year he will be gone...that I am definitely NOT looking forward to. He had a bit of a "breakdown" this last weekend on Sunday when he woke up and he realized that he is less than 10 months away from headed out on deployment again. He cuddled and held me all day (he calls it his "cuddly" days) and he was like "I don't wanna go baby"...and we talked about it a lot...he is finally allowing himself to think about it and dealing with the anxiety of the upcoming deployment...his new unit is a Combat Engineer Brigade...different than his last unit! So this will be very interesting for us both. We discussed communication options and writing letters and care packages. I think I may have gotten spoiled while he was in Iraq because we had internet (sometimes spotty) but could talk every single day before he left for PT and when he got back each day after work...we are NOT guaranteed that we will be able to talk by internet (won't know 'til he gets there how we can communicate). So we worked through contingency plans (thumb drive, CD's, letters etc) to figure out what we could do to see the other (webcam vids we make and burn on thumb drive or CD)...it made him feel a little better...so alot is going through my mind today with the 2 week training looming in front of us...

No comments:

Post a Comment